Innovate UK has up to £5 million to invest in UK businesses working on collaborative research and development projects with partners in Jiangsu province, People’s Republic of China.
This programme is being delivered according to the memorandum of understanding for Cooperation in Regional Technology and Innovation signed in 2014. Jiangsu Science and Technology Department will allocate funding for partners in China.
We are seeking projects that:
- address the challenges faced by infrastructure owners, cities, towns and users through innovation in infrastructure systems
- use transformational or disruptive innovation to create new products, processes or services drawn from any technology, engineering or industrial area. There should be a significant return on investment and a clear, anticipated impact on business growth
Projects may focus on industrial research or experimental development.
International innovation to stimulate growth
Companies that internationalise are known to have strong growth. UK entrepreneurs need to access global knowledge, markets, skills and partners to build on capabilities, grow successful businesses and address the industrial opportunities and challenges that will shape the markets of the future.
Jiangsu is one of the provinces in China with the most abundant scientific resources and innovation activities.
In this competition there should be demonstrable benefits of cooperation between the UK and China for the participants from both countries.
- this competition is open, and the deadline for registration is 21 June 2017
- projects must be business-led and involve at least one partner from the UK and one from Jiangsu province. Academic and research entities in the UK are eligible to join as partners
- projects should last up to 24 months and range in size up to £500,000
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their project costs
- a webinar briefing event will be held for potential applicants on Friday 21 April 2017