Which class do you belong to?

China is testing a new work permit system that ranks foreigners

On November 1st of 2016, the Chinese government introduced a new work permit system that categorizes foreigners into “classes”. Under this system the “Alien Employment Permit” and “Foreign Expert Certificate” are combined to create a “Foreigner`s Work Permit” (FWP), which looks a lot like the Chinese ID card. The work permit will display an identification number, a photo and the name of the individual effectively replacing the passport for tasks such as purchasing train tickets. The FWP is currently being tested in nine cities or provinces, including Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai with the plan being to roll out the new work permit policy nationwide by April 2017.

This article was written by  and published on PTL Group. Original Post: http://www.ptl-group.com/blogs/en/which-class-do-you-belong-to      

View Original Article here